Sunday 3 March 2013

Registering a domain name.... - UK Business Forums

Hi JETNewbie, and welcome to the steep learning curve which is starting a business - been there, still doing it!

I used 123-reg to buy and register my domain names of which I now have about 15 or so I think. Very happy with their service but I'm sure others are equally as good. I just used 123-reg and got on well with them.

Firstly I would get in there quick and get what you want, and try to get .co.uk and .com if possible. It costs a bit more to get both but then you've pretty much protected your name here in uk. The other endings are not so popular. If you don't get in quick apparently there are people who can find out whats been searched for, buy them, and then offer them on at a higher price.

Email - with 123 I think you can buy that facility but obviously it costs more. But doesn't it look so much better than some traders I see driving round with 'theircompanyname @ yahoo' or similar. Or is that me being snobbish?

As for how long to get them for, I think 2 years is the minimum, but you can get them for longer if you want. When they come up for renewal the price is whatever the going rate is. Some of mine have just been renewed and the new price was the same as when I first got them, so they don't seem to hold you to ransom.

Regardless of how many names you get you can get them to point to the same website so that you only advertise the one, say .co.uk, but point the .com to that as well.

Hope that helps.

Source: http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=289684

festivus nfl playoff picture nfl playoff picture Peter Billingsley Larry King Suzy Favor Hamilton mayan calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment